We've all been there. Manual processes, inventive systems consisting of spreadsheets, drive documents, emails back and forth, misunderstandings and people forgetting to apply for leave or using leave they're not entitled to.
There are just so many advantages of having a proper absence management system in place that it should be a no brainer to get one.
The benefits of a proper absence management software system
- Reduce the time spent on administration of time-off and leave for yourself and others involved in the management of your business. Instead of having manual processes and follow ups, make it a breeze to both apply for leave and to approve. It's all in the cloud so no more storage of local files or emails back and forth.
- Employee wellbeing and satisfaction increases. Since you have a structured and organized system in place you reduce stress for everyone. There are no more doubts about how many days of leave are left and you'll always have a clear overview of the company, making sure that everyone takes they time off they should. Also since absenteeism will be reduced, colleagues will be less affected by negativity since they will have to cover less extra work.
- Better coordination of your company. Avoid that too many people are away at the same time, and plan ahead in case you see that capacity will be hurt.
- Less absenteeism. Absent employees cost a lot of money each year. With clear statistics and documentation you can get to the root issues of departments or individuals with high absenteeism. If it's high stress or other reasons this will help you put measures in place. With stats and monitoring, employees will also think twice before staying away from work.
- Better understand your company. With stats and reports you can easily compare your staff's absence in comparison with other businesses in the same category. Use the insight to equip your management team with better tools to build a more robust organization.